ISSN X. Skip to main content.
Search Term. Link to Publisher's Website.
Confucianism for the Contemporary World. Albany, NY:.
- Spies, Lies and Whistleblowers: MI5, MI6 And the Shayler Affair.
- Similar books and articles.
- Download free New confucianism: a critical examination author J. Makeham.
- With Malice Aforethought: A Study Of The Crime And Punishment For Homicide.
- Foundations of speech act theory : philosophical and linguistic perspectives.
State University of New York Press. ISBN For other formats: Link to Publisher's Website.
- Flow Down Like Silver (Hypatia of Alexandria).
- Account Options?
- Galileo Galilei : first physicist!
- Poser 6 Revealed: The Official Guide!
- Foster Associates: Recent Works (Architectural Monographs, No. 20);
- About this book;
- Confucianism for the Contemporary World | Reading Religion.
New Confucians acknowledge that China must adopt Western science, technology, and democracy. Nonetheless, New Confucians believe the West also has much to learn from traditional Chinese culture. In the first parts of this essay, the co-authors argue that Chinese culture has been systematically misunderstood, both by Westerners and recent Chinese scholars.
watch What all of them failed to appreciate, the authors of the essay argue, is that China has "a single cultural system with a single origin. Because of these differences, Western scholars have often failed to see the "religious feelings of transcendence" that are present in everyday Chinese ethical practices.